Vacancy – IT Systems Engineer
Our company is looking to hire an experienced System Engineer to manage enterprise IT infrastructures to guarantee effective and efficient functioning of clients’ business operations.
- Provide efficient support service to clients, attend to support calls, troubleshoot and ensure prompt resolution of all service requests.
- Architect/Design, plan and setup/configure new solutions for clients.
- Ensure all service requests are properly logged on core management tool and promptly/adequately updated.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues from clients related to IT infrastructures, software, and hardware.
- Take part in new systems installation (servers and storages) and adequately complete all assigned project tasks.
- Carry out systems preventive maintenance/health checks, prepare reports and make necessary recommendation to improve clients’ system performance/reliability.
- Carry out regular systems (servers/storage) upgrade for clients.
- Upgrade/improve skills – complete assigned OEM/Product training tracks and certifications exams.
- Maintain awareness of developments in technologies of potential benefit to the company.
- Engage in continuous professional development.
- Any other duties assigned by the Technical Manager
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness and business acumen
- The ability to think strategically
- Drive and self-motivation
- A flexible approach to work
- Teamwork and the ability to foster good working relationships
- Any first degree or relevant Certification
- Required to have 4+ years IT work experience
- Good technical skills in any virtualization technologies (e.g VMware, PowerVM, Redhat Virtualization, Microsoft Hyper-V).
- Good technical skills in any Servers, Storage and SAN Technologies (Dell, HP, Lenovo, IBM, Oracle, etc)
- Good technical skills in any Operating System Administration (e.g. Unix, Linux, Windows, etc.)
- Good technical skills in any Converged & Hyper-converged systems (Dell, HP, Lenovo, Oracle)
- Good technical skills in Backup & Disaster Recovery Technologies (e.g VERITAS, Symantec, CommVault, Veeam, etc)
- Basic networking skills and understanding of any of TCP/IP.
Note: Having certifications in any of the above listed areas will be considered an added advantage.
Qualified candidates should send their cover letter and updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the mail should be the position being applied for.